Sunday, June 10, 2007

The countdown keeps counting down

Chris and I went to an organizational meeting today to go over the details of the trip and to meet everyone. Suddenly it hit me how much older I am than everyone. I mean, it's really nice because I'll definitely have a bit more... well, freedom, I guess. The person running the trip, Mary, asked that everyone travel in pairs if we're going out of the country because, in her words, "ya'll are kids," but she caught my eye when she said that. I feel like I definitely will be able to appreciate the trip on a different level, if for no other reason than I'm paying for it myself, you know?

So, final plans are in order and I'm going to mail out the URL for this blog shortly. I'm not going to make it private or anything, but I don't think I'll share this with the folks. I'm sure that I won't have anything bad to say, but just in case I need to say "motherfucker," "fucking dumbshit," or "frisky lemurs," I want to feel free to do so.

No comments: