Monday, June 25, 2007

Monday, June 25th, 1:00am GMT

So we're all settled into the flat after about 20 hours of travel time and much agita. We all pretty much agree that it's kind of a dump, and everyone feels pretty gypped. Anyhow, a few of us were just sitting around chatting about how we could have gotten a hotel for the month for the same amount of money and could have booked our own travel and blah blah blah. But I think the point is that we're all so very fried right now. No one has had a proper night of sleep. No one has had a good solid meal. So things will probably start looking a lot better tomorrow.

As for myself, I requested a single room and was willing to pay more for this privilege. I didn't care about whether I shared a bathroom or kitchen; I just wanted a bedroom to myself. Well guess what: instead of putting me alone or just with one person, they put me with two. Uh whee? At least the two people I'm with are both pretty mellow and mature, so that's all to the good.

I know that I said that I knew that things weren't going to work out as I expected, but Jesus H Christ was I right. *sigh* But again, we all have to realise that we're just feeling tired and bitchy. The problem is that I've just gotten my... well, I guess it would be 4th wind at this point, and I'm not sure sleep will be coming my nay soon. Nothing I can do right now but wade through everything and just take things one at a time.

The only problem: I tried to fall asleep earlier, and I realized that during my fitful bits of sleep, I felt so much better.... and upon waking, I felt worse. I realised it was because I was upset and I was happier in my dreams. Kind of sad, but it's just the first night blues. Thinks will look better tomorrow.

No comments: