Monday, June 18, 2007

My last Monday in SoCal

Alright, just a little bit over-the-top melodramatic there, but that's okay. After today, I only have 4 more days of work, but I'm starting to feel like I have things a bit more under control. I got all of my clothes washed and ready to go, and I'm starting to pack stuff that I won't need for this week. Then on Saturday, I'll be able to just do a quick load of laundry, toss the remainder of my stuff in a duffel bag, and be good to go. I wanted to keep it down to only a rolling suitcase, but it looks like I'll have to carry a duffel bag too. That's still not too bad.

The oddest part of all this is knowing that I'm going to be waking up in a strange place starting next week. I keep going over in my mind how I anticipate things are going to be, and I know that they're never quite right, but it doesn't stop me from trying to figure out how everything will look and feel. In the end, I suppose that the best part of travelling is being continually surprised by all the little differences.

No comments: