Monday, June 25, 2007

He tried to kill me, he did! (written Monday morning in the cafe)


He tried to kill me, he did!
Originally uploaded by jakeline
I took a walking tour on my own this morning. You know, I know that traffic is on the wrong side of the street, but in practice, it's a bit different. The cyclists, both motor and otherwise, are absolutely insane over here. It will definitely take a while to get used to the traffic. I'm used to LA traffic but these tiny little streets make my eyeballs itch. There are a ton more diesels and, interestingly enough, 2-stroke engines. Being a vegetarian seems much simpler here, and it seems that they love their aubergine (not sure if I spelled that right. "Eggplant" is so much simpler.) So, score one for me who has managed not to get run over by a double-decker bus. Now, if I could just figure out the coins, I'd be doing great.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

What happened with the single room thingie??