Sunday, June 24, 2007

Sunday June 24th - 8am Pacific (4pm London time)

I'm still on the plane. We're making good time (they've said that the actual flight time is actually more like 9.5 hours instead of 10.5, and that seems to be pretty true thus far. At this point, I left the house around 16 hours ago, and I still have about 3 or 4 more hours of travel in front of me. The plane ride has been smooth as glass, and the little in-seat screens are pretty nifty. I've been able to coserve the battery on my iPod which has been pretty nice. They had three episodes of my favorite bitchy doctor show, and so that wasted a few hours.

I've catnapped for a few minutes here and there, but I've been pretty good about staying awake so far. I know I've hit my second wind and I will crash pretty hard, but for now, I'm fine.

I think I mentioned that part of travelling is appreciating all of the small differences. One of them actually gave me goosebumps just because it was so surreal. They have the british release of the House TV show, and they use a different theme. I can't remember exactly why (something about Massive Attack being more popular over there, or some such nonsense), but it was so weird seeing something so familiar in such a foreign way. I know I'll be experiecing this a lot over the next couple of weeks, but for now, I'm amused by the novelty of it.

No comments: