Monday, June 4, 2007

Umbrella (Test Message from Flickr)


Umbrella
Originally uploaded by jakeline
This is a test message. I only have two more weekends in California, and I can't quite get it through my thick skull that yes, I'm leaving; yes, I need to get a ton of work done around the house before I go, and; yes, I still have to finish out this silly semester of school before I go. Yeesh. I'm so antsy yet unprepared.

So anyhow, instead of doing useful stuff, such as finishing a paper, finishing a speech, or doing housework, I'm working on getting all of my electronics together and working before I go. I'm linked up my flickr stream with this blog so I can easily post pictures on flickr, then write a more extended entry about them on here. Kind of a really neat concept, but it relies on several different items. First off, I have to get an adapter for the laptop. Then I have to get an adapter for the digital camera (or just use film for everything and get things scanned at the camera shop). Then I have to make sure that I actually have good connectivity and actually have time to do all this blogging while I'm on the road.

So I've set up ANOTHER bit of technology, but this one's a bit older. My old visor PDA that my husband gave me for our 1st anniversary (about 7 years ago) is still very functional, and the fold-out keyboard still works great. Since it runs on batteries, I don't have to worry about pesky adapters or anything and it's tiny, so I can take it on the road. But again, this hinges on having something that I sync it up with, then connect to the internet. Who knew that living abroad for a month would be so difficult!

No comments: